What’s That ChikaChika? A Birding by Bike Adventure.
The goals of this ride are to:
- Connect to our senses,
- Get curious,
- Learn about bird language, and
- Have a great time!
Expect a very slow-paced cruise through the lush tree-lined neighbourhood streets near Pacific Spirit Park.
We’ll begin with an introduction to Bird Language and Sensory Attunement. Once rolling we’ll follow our curiosity and see what wonders we can discover. If you actually want to know what’s that ChikaChika we can learn about specific species calls, songs and chirps too.
Join Sarah Ross for a ride to see what you can tune into, both in the natural world around us and within your own spirit. Start location 8th Avenue bike route between Courtnay St and Discovery
St, by Trimble Park and West Point Grey Academy. This is up a big hill, so taking your bike up on the bus is a potentially wise option: B-Line to Sasamat for example.
- Suitable for beginner to advanced birders.
- Bring lights.
- Bring binoculars if you have them, or not if you don’t.
- Chain oil will be avialable so we don’t have any of those ‘rusty chain birds’ squeaking along our way.
- Kids warmly welcome if they are into the theme of the ride (requires some listening).