Drawing Birds (ONLINE)
Continue exploring birds in your sketchbook. Study domestic and exotic birds from Bloedel Conservatory. Capture bird posture, body shape and scale of parts to the whole, adding a splash of colour.
This illustration course taught by Katharine Dickinson will bring the fun of drawing to the world of birds. Strengthen your observation skills for studying birds while developing your illustration skills. In the first class of this 2-part series, capture the plain form and essential bird features with simple sketches. In the second class, explore adding touches of watercolour to your drawing. After this course, you’ll have the confidence to bring your sketchpad out to the park, or VanDusen Garden, or Bloedel Conservatory (admission sold separately) and connect to birdwatching through art. Online education techniques include presentations, live front view, and overhead demonstrations. Recordings of classes will be available for a limited time to registered participants.
This course will take place on both May 12 and May 19.
Learn more and register here!
For this class, participants are encouraged to have the following materials at home:
– 11×14 multimedia sketchbook
– 2H, HB and 2B pencils
– Simple watercolour set and brush
– Pre-registration required. Registration costs $65 (taxes not included)
– This course will take place online, and recordings will be available for a limited time to participants.
– Online course log-in details will be sent 24 hours before the course date.
– Supplies to bring include: 11×14 multimedia sketchbook, eraser, HB and 2B pencils, simple watercolour set and brush.