Bird Identification Series (ONLINE)
The Vancouver Avian Research Centre (VARC) and the Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association (VBGA) present this multi-week Bird Identification Certificate Program for the first time online. In this course, participants will go in-depth into Bird ID, learning important foundations such as bird features, behaviours, topography, molting, and field marks. The instructor team from VARC will introduce bird songs and the categories of vocalization, as well as bird habitats. Participants will graduate from this program with a list of equipment, resources, and actions they can take to protect and identify our beloved feathered friends and take their birding skills to the next level.
This comprehensive course is structured over 4 Tuesday evenings (May 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th) from 6.30-8.30pm and consists of nine classroom sessions.
– This course will take place online.
– Pre-registration is required. Registration costs $200 (taxes not included)
– This course will take place online, and recordings will be available for a limited time to participants.
– Online course log-in details will be sent within 24 hours before course date.
– Instructor: Carol Matthews (Vancouver Avian Research Centre)